Friday 26 August 2011

Bobby Moore and I


 
Above is a picture of Bobby Moore and myself (I am on the right age 11) taken in 1979

Bobby was running a summer soccer school for kids in Tolworth, Surrey at Deckers Sports Ground now called Goals Tolworth http://www.goalsfootball.co.uk/CentreDetails.aspx?BranchId=55

I don't remember whether I asked him for his autograph but if I did I lost it so very pleased to finally get hold of a authenic Bobby Moore autograph from a fellow season ticjet holder in the Sir Trevor Brooking lower. The autograph is on the front of a 1976 West ham v Liverpool programme. Bobby was playing for Fulham by then but still came back to watch West ham v Livepool as a fan and signed the programme for a 10 year boy who now sits next to my seat in the STB Lower.

My new pride and joy is below:


 
Earlier this week fellow Westham Season ticket holders @GeorgeWHUFC  @WestHamJB myself with special Guest AFC Wimbledon player and Under 21 Wales International Reece Jones recorded our first alternative Westham podcast called 'Moore than just a podcast' in honour of Bobby Moore. It is a bit tongue in cheek and having a laugh but hopefully we will make a few more.

The pilot podcast episode one is now availble on Podbean here http://moorethanjustapodcast.podbean.com/ 


Hope you enjoy our ramblings, we certainly had a laugh making it










No comments:

Post a Comment